EQUITY RESEARCH ANALYST
Grandfield & Dodd, LLC, an independent NYC-based registered investment adviser, seeks an Equity Research Analyst to join our boutique firm. We employ a research-centric approach to oversee approximately $1.8 billion for high-net worth individuals, families, and trusts via separately managed accounts holding primarily individual stocks and bonds.
Equity investments are long-only with low turnover, and include mega, large and mid-cap companies. Extended investment horizon of 3+ years requires long-term thinking, rigorous analysis, and understanding of company and industry fundamentals.
Founded in 2001 with less than $100 million in assets under management, Grandfield & Dodd continues to grow its business on the strength of its client relationships, many of which span multiple generations. Correspondingly, we are looking for investment professionals to help us to build out a multi-generational firm that can serve our clients’ needs in the decades ahead.
Who you are
- Interested in working in an entrepreneurial environment where each employee wears multiple hats to help build the business.
- Client-first orientation with the highest level of personal and professional integrity.
- Keenly interested in developing expertise in personal financial and estate planning matters that are of critical importance to many of our clients.
- Strong computational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Collaborative by nature and operates in a transparent and forthcoming way in all interactions and dealings.
- Minimum of 2 years fundamental equity research experience.
- Bachelor’s degree, plus either MBA (Finance) or CFA designation.
What you’ll do
- Equity research, including the development of specific stock recommendations and investable themes, and the production of written research for clients.
- Analyze investments in response to specific client needs or requests (e.g., legacy holdings, externally generated investment ideas, private investment offers, etc.).
- Maintain a constructive and relevant investment perspective that is informed by current economic and market backdrops.
- Develop equity purchase candidates, inclusive of descriptive page and other support materials for group decision making.
- Contribute to the ongoing understanding of current investments.
- Update company descriptive pages for changes to company circumstances or evolution of investment case with attention to current risks and opportunities.
- Active member of Research Working Group that oversees company fact page
maintenance, corporate action communications, equity and bond research elements in client correspondence, equity and bond data integrity in portfolio management system.
What we offer
We strive to enhance the total health and well-being of our employees through comprehensive, competitive benefits. Our goal is to offer a highly individualized employee experience that enables you to balance your commitments to career, family, and community. When you work for Grandfield & Dodd, you are working for an organization that cares about your unique talents and passions.
We expect the base salary range for this role to be approximately $100,000-$150,000 USD. Various factors contribute to determining the actual base compensation offered, including but not limited to the applicant’s years of relevant experience, career tenure, qualifications, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, relevant skills for the role. Base salary is one component of Grandfield & Dodd’s compensation package, which also includes up to 25% bonus: 25% employer contribution to self-directed retirement account status.
Grandfield & Dodd is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, ex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please respond with cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click below to email us your cover letter and resumé.